Summer is a time many of us take vacations. This year, due to COVID 19, many plans have been cancelled. Air travel is challenging so many people are looking at road trips as an option. I wanted to share some ideas that you might want to consider. If you have ideas please share as others are looking for things to do.
- Take a ride. Explore your city/state.
- Think about going camping and rediscovering nature.
- Staycations are popular this year. Many people are opting to stay home and do home repairs or other projects that they have been meaning to tackle.
- Catch up on your reading. Sitting outside by the pool or in a quiet room in your home allows you to curl up with a good book and escape the day to day challenges. Click here to access my 2020 Summer Reading list.
- Write a book! Start an outline of what you would want to cover and just let your creative juices flow. You might surprise yourself on what starts to find its way to paper! If I can help let me know.
- Volunteer in your community. If you have a cause you are passionate about, start a group to get it off the ground.
- Write letters or make phone calls to friends and family members you have not talk to in a while.
- Work in your garden
- Look into the various streaming services and watch some movies or old TV Shows.
- Watch Hamilton if you have not seen it on Disney Plus yet!
Whatever you do, make sure you take some time off. We all have been under a lot of stress and pressures. Getting away from your daily routine will allow you to have a new outlook when you return.
Put a comment in the chat and let me what you are doing this year on your summer vacation. If you are traveling call ahead to book your hotels and get your car rental. There are a lot of restrictions for travelers but planning ahead will allow you to be prepared.
Whatever you do…..HAVE FUN!
We had lots of plans. A trip to Italy with my sister and her son; a trip to Massachusettes to witness my sister receive an award; a trip to South Carolina to visit my brother. All of the plans disappeared. In the springtime we did lots of walks in our lovely parks, but it is now way to hot to walk until evening.
Now we try to plans games like casino card game, or backgammon. I do some quilting but need more fabric and do not want to expose myself to germs.
Witnessing the problems so many are having, we mainly count blessings.