A new year is before us and we each have the opportunity to write a new chapter in our lives. Today there are questions to be asked, opportunities to be explored and moments to be embraced. I hope you are excited for the opportunities and adventures we will discover in 2021. I have been thinking of what I want to do and wanted to share some ideas with you in my first post of the year.
- Be grateful: even with the stress of COVID-19 we can all find something to be grateful for.
- Join your professional organization: as part of your professional development, belonging to your professional organization is a must. I would like to say, don’t just join your professional organization – but become an active member. If you do this, you will get more out of it then the dollars spent.
- Learn something new: take a course on something you have been meaning to learn more about.
- Read: take time to read more this year. Reading can be relaxing and help you de-stress from the chllanges of the day. .
- Start an exercise routine: take a walk, learn how to run, ride your bike or join a pool so you can swim. Find an exercise you like and make a date with yourself so you stick to it.
- Reconnect with friends and family members you have lost touch with. Write a letter or make a phone call. You will both benefit from the reunion!
- Volunteer: find a cause that you are passionate about and volunteer to be a part of the work the organization does.
Now that I shared my ideas, let me know whats on your list for 2021.
I hope you have a good year. I look forward to reading your chapter as the year unfolds.
Anne, thanks, my goal for the New Year is to stop doing too much. I seem to be the only person who has been anything but bored during this pandemic. I find it is easy to add new things to do but almost impossible for me to stop doing something I have committed to. So, no new commitments in the coming year and a paring down of activities that are non-value added for now. Knowing that I can always add things back in to meet my personal goals in the future. Thanks for helping to stimulate the thoughts.
My personal goal this year is to slow down. I tend to take on too much and then have to rush to complete all tasks and that is when accidents happen. Meditate, exercise, are good items to continue but I hope I can slow down.
Get it done, whatever your goal(s), in 2021!