When facing a problem, most people assemble information, data, and facts to work on a solution. Today, the world is dealing with a new virus that is contagious, can be spread by droplets and can cause people harm, especially the very young, the elderly and those who are immune-compromised. As a result, people are looking for ways to protect themselves.
This week, I wanted to share information you can use to know more about the virus and ten common sense ways to protect yourself.
I was recently on Athena Forums website where they had posted a video that provides information about the Coronavirus. Click here to watch a video that will educate you on the virus.
In addition, here are ten common-sense tips that you can use to protect yourself.
- Wash your hands. Many of us know to wash our hands, but do not do it long enough. One way to know how long to wash your hands effectively is to sing the song Happy Birthday twice.
- Use a paper towel to dry your hands and use the paper towels to turn off the faucets
- Use wipes to wipe down surfaces, doorknobs, shopping carts, gas pumps and other objects you encounter in your daily life.
- When you cough or sneeze, use a tissue to cover your mouth and dispose of it right away and then wash your hands.
- Get your flu shot.
- Don’t shake hands, use a fist bump or an elbow bump.
- Keep your children home if they are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wipe down your computer with wipes when you come into work, if you leave your computer for lunch or a break and when you go home.
- If you are sick, see a doctor.
These simple things can protect your from the virus.
Take care of yourself!
Great tips for protection…we need to keep reminding ourselves about these simple tasks so that they will become automatic.
Thanks for posting.